Friday, November 14, 2008

Week 7, Fischbowl

Week 7, Fischbowl

I really enjoyed reading this blog and thoroughly agree with him. I think that is beyond important for the teachers of this century to be able to work a computer and know how to well. If I as a teacher am technologically illiterate then I cannot teach anyone else how to use technology. He makes very good points about technology being a necessity instead of an addition these days. And I wouldn’t have thought of it that way until he said it.

The comment is made that teachers who are illiterate to technology today are equivalent to a teacher 30 years ago who can’t read or write. While this is a brave post to be made, it is pretty true. If you think about it there are numerous things we use on the computer in the classroom every day. Half of them we probably don’t even realize. Think about all the power points for teaching, grade book, email between parents, etc. If you cant do these things I would imagine it would be a lot harder to keep up with the classroom. I think that if a teacher were technologically illiterate then it would be wise to go learn for the benefit of themselves and their class.

No comments: