Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week 2, ALEX

The Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX) is a web site designed for teachers. Its purpose is to help improve the education system all throughout Alabama. This is such a great help to teachers because it allows them to refer to one location to find information that will help improve their effectiveness as an educator. It provides all types of resources including lesson plans, web sites, courses of study, and standards.
This network is an amazing tool to effective teaching. I would definitely use this in my career as an elementary teacher. Not only does this site give you specific activities for each grade and subject but it also gives you lesson plans and web links to further your research. I think this is a great way to keep teachers up to date on curriculum and certain things that need to be covered in each subject. I also think this is great for my creativity as a teacher. With the access to this site I will never run out of ideas. I am glad that I have been introduced to this site because I think that it will help me tremendously when I begin teaching.
I feel that this is a great resource for all teachers to use because there are so many standards that have to be met. With the help of this site it would be much more unlikely to skip over certain things that need to be taught. I also like the fact that other teachers all over Alabama can make posts to this site. As a new teacher I know I will rely on the help and advice of more experienced teachers to guide me through my many years of educating.

No comments: