Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week 4, Video

I found this video very interesting. After watching it I was truly amazed. I did not realize how far society had come technologically. The statistics were insane and it left me wondering how much further along our society is after that video was made, from 2007 till today. It also made me question whether I was using all these resources to my advantage. While I use the internet a good bit I could be using it so much more to further my education as a whole.
This video also made me think about how I as a teacher can help to advance my students to be prepared for the jobs of the 21st century. This is a really great topic to bring up because it is very important to think about. There are so many different jobs and majors being created every day and as an educator I need to do anything and everything in my power to make sure I can help students be more knowledgeable to the technological world. This video alone sparked over 5 million conversations. This proves that just one person can make millions be more knowledgeable and begin to think. Just think how far we could come if each teacher made this same effort.
I strongly believe that if Alabama’s schools could make sure that every school has complete access to things such as computers than Alabama will be even more successful at educating the future of our country. In these days, technological knowledge and skills are necessary for future jobs. I know that funding plays a huge role in this but I feel that this is one of the most important places each school should use their money.
I am very glad that I had a chance to watch this video. Not only was it very interesting it opened up my eyes to really think about how I can use technology to my advantage and to my students advantage.

No comments: